Apply for Exams
To apply for a CEBS exam, select a testing quarter in which you wish to take your exam and then make a testing appointment at one of over 250 computer-based testing locations in the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. See the CEBS News & Help section for Exam Tips.
- Regular Examinations -- The fee is $345 per exam (or $325 if study materials are ordered at the same time or if you are an active member of the International Foundation or ISCEBS).
- Extension -- You may extend your examination to a future testing quarter with payment of a $100 extension fee. Payment of the fee must be received before the end of the quarter. To avoid a no show fee, please make sure you cancel any existing exam appointment with Prometric before applying for an extension.
- Retake --If you receive a non-passing grade, you may reapply for the exam at the reduced rate of $175.
- Expired Eligibility-- If you do not transfer your examination and fail to take your exam before the eligibility period has expired, you must reapply for the examination at the full fee of $345 ($325 with discount).
- No/Show-Late Cancel-- You are assessed a $75 penalty fee for lost computer time if you fail to cancel your appointment on time or arrive too late at the exam center. See the CEBS Examination Handbook for more information.
- Exam Appointment Changes--You may reschedule or cancel an exam appointment by calling Prometric at (800) 226-7955 or online at www.prometric.com using the Reschedule/Cancel option. Both are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Beginning April 2012 there will be no charge to reschedule or cancel an exam appointment 13 or more business days before your scheduled test date. Rescheduling or canceling appointments between 3 and 12 business days before your scheduled test date will result in a $50 rescheduling fee assessed by Prometric. See the CEBS Examination Handbook for more information.
Inside this section
– Schedule your testing appointment at a Prometric Testing Center.
Policies and Fees
– Overview of the computer-based testing examination policies and fees
CEBS Forms– Register, apply for a new or retake exam, enroll in online study or purchase study materials