CPE Credit

Insurance Agents, Brokers and Adjusters
Insurance professionals licensed in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec can use CEBS courses to meet continuing education requirements.  Each province accepts 30 credit hours for each course when the examination is passed except Quebec, which accepts 60 PDUs and Alberta, which accepts 30 hours of life, accident and sickness credit and four hours general adjuster credit.  In British Columbia only, it may be possible to earn 15 hours of credit when the examination is not passed.  Contact the Continuing Education department for more information about partial credit in British Columbia.

Reporting Credit
In most cases, the grade notice received from Dalhousie University upon successful completion of a CEBS exam can be used as proof of completion.  To document your credit, sign the grade notice and indicate the number of hours approved before forwarding it to your provincial insurance council or commission.  Detailed reporting procedures are available from each province.  

If you are licensed in Alberta or Manitoba, complete the Continuing Education Credit section of the CEBS Order Form to request the International Foundation to automatically confirm credit for the exams applied for on that application. A $25 service fee per course is charged when credit is requested.   

Property/Casualty Agents
Credit is not deemed to be *technical* insurance credit for property/casualty license holders.

Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO)

The following courses have been accredited for the brokers Continuing Education program in the Management category:
GBA 1- 15 hours
GBA 2- 15 hours
RPA 1- 15 hours
RPA 2- 15 hours
RPA 3- 15 hours
CMS 1- 20 hours (maximum allowable)
CMS 2- 20 hours (maximum allowable)
CMS 3- 20 hours (maximum allowable)


Others                                                                                                                                                                                 Continuing education credit may be earned for other designations - this credit will need to be self-reported.  Your pass notice from Dalhousie along with the credit hour recommendations can be used to request credit.  Thirty (30) credit hour for each CEBS course passed is recommended, not all agencies will accept the full 30 hours, the amount of credit you can earned maybe determined by your agency on an individual basis.   

Direct Questions to:
Continuing Education Department
International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
P.O. Box 69
Brookfield, WI 53008-0069
(262) 786-6710, option 2