CEBS Student News
Important announcement regarding U.S. Prometric Testing Centres.
Prometric's U.S. testing centres have announced additional security screenings effective October 15, 2016. While it does not currently apply to Prometric sites in Canada or other countries, it is important for candidates who test at U.S. sites to be aware of this policy.
Testing Announcement: Enhanced Prometric security policies regarding eyewear and jewelry
Our testing partner, Prometric has recently implemented additional screening procedures for eyewear, jewelry and other accessories. Please read the announcement below for complete details of the new policy.
Enhanced security policies to take effect in all U.S. Prometric Test Centers on October 15th, 2016
Prometric takes its role of providing a secure test environment seriously. Beginning on October 15th, 2016, Prometric test Center Administrators (TCAs) will conduct stricter inspections of any and all eyeglasses, jewelry and other accessories to inspect for camera devices that could be used to capture exam content.
- All candidates will be required to remove their eyeglasses for close visual inspection by a TCA. These inspections will take a few seconds and will be done at check-in and again upon return from breaks.
- Jewelry outside of wedding and engagement rings is prohibited. Candidates should not wear other jewelry to the test center. Medical alert bracelets are permitted and subject to inspection.
- Hair accessories, ties and bowties are subject to inspection. Candidates should refrain from wearing ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands, tie clips, cuff links and other accessories as they may be prohibited from wearing them in to the testing room and asked to store them in their locker.
- If a candidate is caught with a camera device prior to entering the testing room, the Prometric TCA will confiscate the item and the candidate will not be permitted to test.
- If a candidate is caught with a camera device while in the testing room, the TCA will confiscate the items and the exam will be terminated.
- CEBS Exams Available at Prometric Testing Centres
Exams are available via computer-based testing (CBT) at Prometric Testing Centres in Canada and the United States. There are numerous opportunities to test throughout the year with instant grade results. More details can be found here.
- Exam Appointment Changes
You may reschedule or cancel an exam appointment by calling Prometric at (866) 793-2267 or online at www.prometric.com using the Reschedule/Cancel option. Both are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is no charge to reschedule or cancel an exam appointment 13 or more business days before your scheduled test date. Rescheduling or canceling appointments between 3 and 12 business days before your scheduled test date will result in a $50 rescheduling fee assessed by Prometric. See the CEBS Examination Handbook for more information.
- RPA 3 Government-Sponsored Benefits is revised annually. Please refer to the learning guide's cover page for valid testing dates. The current edition is valid for testing through September 15, 2017.
- Dalhousie MBA
Dalhousie MBA FS offers CEBS, GBA, RPA and CMS designees advance standing. Click here to learn more about how your designation could qualify for credit towards a MBA (Financial Services) at the prestigious Dalhousie University.
- Advantage Newsletter
Read the latest issue of Advantage [PDF]. A copy has been e-mailed to all CEBS registrants and graduates. Not yet registered? Register now! [PDF]
Previous Issues of Advantage Newsletter
April 2015 Advantage [PDF]
December 2014 Advantage [PDF]
August 2014 Advantage [PDF]
- Readings Updates
Preparing for your next exam? Make sure you have all the required Readings Updates. All Readings Updates are required reading for the respective national examination.
- The CEBS Course Catalog is available here. In addition to course descriptions, online study schedules, order forms and other CEBS information, it also details the changes in course titles, study materials and designation requirements. You can read it online, or request a free copy to be mailed to you.
- CHRP Accepted for CEBS Exam Transfer Credit
CEBS will now accept exam transfer credit from those individuals who hold the CHRP designation. More...
- Members of CGA Canada now qualify for the ISCEBS/IFEBP member rate on examinations. Simply write "CGA Member" on your exam application and use the discounted exam fee.
- CE credit in AB or MB
If you are licensed in Alberta or Manitoba, complete the Continuing Education Credit section of the CEBS Order Form to request the International Foundation to automatically confirm credit for the exams applied for on that application. A $25 service fee per course is charged when credit is requested.
- View the online class schedule.
- Course Catalog [PDF]