- Gain a thorough education in the critical areas of global benefits management.
- Receive intensive training over 4½ days of instruction, allowing you to complete the certificate program in one trip.
- Obtain a solid foundation in international benefits and an enhanced understanding of the differences in benefit packages offered around the world.
General Session Topics
Cross-Cultural/Diversity: The Power of World Views
This session is designed to provide you with the tools needed to work successfully within new cultures.
- Understand how to work efficiently across cultures to enhance the work that you do.
- Understand how our own world view shapes our beliefs and behaviors.
- Learn the developmental model of intercultural sensitivity (DMIS) and how to use the model in your daily work environment.
- Develop strategies for managing cross-cultural diversity.
Developing a Global Benefits and Total Rewards Strategy
As many multinationals move toward a more global centralization of employee benefit functions, it becomes even more important to understand a global benefits/total rewards strategy. Learn how you can put this together as a workable strategy for your organization. The instructor will cover
- What is a global benefits and total rewards strategy?
- Why you should be concerned about developing these strategies
- What does a total rewards philosophy look like?
- Five key principles for rewards governance
- Sample elements of a total rewards strategy.
International Health Care Systems and Trends
A strategic health care approach with a clear implementation plan will enhance workforce management efforts, support productivity goals and mitigate health expenditure and medical inflation trends. The instructor will discuss the critical challenges surrounding global employee health.
- Health care trends that are transcending local country borders
- Global diseases—top ten causes of death
- Common risk factors and opportunities to manage diseases
- Learn how to develop a global health and well-being strategy and identify the important components for its successful implementation.
- Utilization of employee assistance programs (EAPs)
- Emerging practices
International Retirement Systems and Trends
The aging population, changes in social security systems, and differences between private and public sectors—all impact global retirement systems. The instructor will cover
- An overview of the global retirement landscape
—Asia Pacific, Americas, Europe
- How companies are facing the challenges in global benefits laws and regulations
- Current market realities
- Trends and possible conclusions.
Europe: Regional and Country Overview
During the session on Europe, the instructors will cover
- Overview of European countries
- Changes to legislation and market practice that have been prevalent over the last few years due to the economic crises and debt challenges faced by many European countries
- The labor environment in Europe that heavily influences the benefits environment through the prevalence of unions, work councils and other employee representative bodies
- The European Union (EU) and its influence on the labor and benefit issues across Europe.
Latin America: Regional and Country Overview
Are you ready to work with the multi-Latino companies that are now a presence in the global marketplace? In this session on Latin America, you will
- Discover how multi-Latino companies are moving rapidly, making large acquisitions across the globe, acquiring talent and providing aggressive and flexible benefits through innovative humanresource structures
- Learn about unions in Latin American countries, and learn how their presence, absence and degree of strength might affect your company
- Learn in what countries you must pay termination indemnities, where there are mandatory minimum salaries, and what other programs might affect your compensation and salary programs.
Middle East/Africa: Regional and Country Overview
To be successful in this region of the world, your organization needs to understand statutory benefits, labor law and the unique practices in employee rewards. You will
- Learn the common challenges of designing compensation and benefit programs in developing economies in Africa—where many multinationals are experiencing rapid growth
- Discover the key differences among the employment models in many Middle-Eastern countries that are brought about by the unique nature of the oil and gas sectors
- Learn specific practices in the design of compensation packages for the various types of imported labor that are recruited to work in the Persian Gulf countries.
Multinational Pooling and Offshore Retirement Plans
Our instructor has designed a dynamic session to help you
- Understand how to finance employee benefit programs more efficiently through insurance risk pooling and captive arrangements
- Understand the obstacles to implementing these programs
- Understand the information from global financial reports that are helpful in meeting corporate governance requirements
- Identify the principal vendors in this arena and how insurance networks provide three key advantages
- Learn the issues involved in considering an international retirement plan for career expatriates.
Benefit Issues Relating to International Assignments
The instructor will cover
- Types of global assignments and benefits provided
—Permanent, temporary and short term
- Typical benefit programs offered to expatriates
- Approaches used to provide benefits
- Factors impacting benefits for international transfers
- Issues, policies and options for welfare benefits, retirement and social security
- Financing programs for globally mobile employees.
Asia Pacific: Regional and Country Overview
As organizations grow their presence in China, India and throughout this fast-growing region, the Asia Pacific session will help you
- Learn how the labor markets are evolving in this high-growth region and the role that employee benefits play
- Gain a thorough understanding of the key benefit trends in the key markets of China and India, and how these impact the competition for talent
- Understand the current and rapidly changing roles that governments, employers and employees play in the provision of benefits in each of the major countries in the region, not only in China and India but in a dozen other countries.
Specific Countries and Regions
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Continental breakfasts
This is a green meeting.
For questions regarding the curriculum of the International Foundation’s Global Benefits and Compensation courses, contact Cathy Zacher (262) 373-7640, or email@example.com. For registration information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone toll-free (888) 334-3327, option 2 or (262) 786-6710, option 2.
Programs Sponsored by the International Foundation are consistently accepted for credit by agencies governing continuing education for license renewal and professional recertification. Please note that preapproval by the governing agency is sometimes necessary. Therefore, it is important to register at least 45 days prior to the program taking place.
The Certificate in Global Benefits Management program has been approved by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) for continuing education credit.
Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 33.25
Specified Credit Hours: Specified - International
CE credit will be offered to professionals who are PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® certified. For HRCI inquiries, please contact the Foundation's Continuing Education department at (262) 786-6710, option 2; or e-mail email@example.com.