- Learn the fundamental concepts needed for effective portfolio oversight.
- Obtain a solid grounding in the principles of modern portfolio theory.
- Gain practical experience needed to make sound investment management decisions.
- Apply what you have learned in an interactive case study.
- Learn from world-class faculty who are skilled educators and researchers, award-winning authors and leading authorities.
- Certificate from the Wharton school
- Healthy snacks and beverage breaks
- A welcome reception
Earning Your Certificate
A certificate of completion from the Wharton School will be awarded to those who:
- Attend all of the sessions
- Successfully complete the brief exam on Thursday, which will reinforce the practical takeaways from the content lectures and group work presentations.
If you wish to be eligible for a certificate, please make your travel plans accordingly.
A Note About Group Work
Teams will be formed to work through sample portfolios and/or scenarios facing pension fiduciaries. Each scenario will integrate topics from the program. Teams will meet to prepare for group work presentations that take place on Thursday morning. The group will also reinforce learning and help participants prepare for the short examination at the end of the week.
Additional Class Notes
You may find it helpful to bring a calculator for participating in examples and exercises throughout the course.
Registrants will be notified by e-mail if and when select materials are posted on the Wharton Web site that will serve as prereading for the course.
For course content call Tiffany Ulbing at (262) 373-7652; or e-mail email@example.com.
Wharton School - University of Pennsylvania
Steinberg Executive Conference Center
255 South 38th Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6359
Classes in Philadelphia are held at the Steinberg Executive Conference Center of the Wharton School on the University of Pennsylvania campus. Lecture rooms offer a state-of-the-art, comfortable environment conducive to adult learning.
Wharton’s skilled educators and researchers, award-winning authors and leading authorities in the investment management field teach and/or oversee the curriculum of the investment courses.