The Trustees and Administrators Institutes are the premier educational programs for those who serve multiemployer trust funds. With three separate institutes—New Trustees, Advanced Trustees and Administrators—you have the opportunity to focus your education to the role and experience level that fits your needs. In these challenging times, you can count on the International Foundation to deliver timely, relevant and balanced education on the trends, issues and future direction of the industry. Join your peers and plan now to attend this time-honored educational event. Developed by active trustees, administrators and professional advisors, each session is designed to address the issues you face today and prepare you for what lies ahead.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain pertinent information presented for your specific role. Content is developed by active trustees, administrators and professional advisors.
- Build a deeper understanding of the critical issues facing benefit trust funds.
- Learn and network with peers of similar experience levels and roles.
- Take home tools, techniques and benchmarks for maximizing your effectiveness.
- Gain firsthand knowledge shared by leading consultants and practitioners.
- Enhance your leadership with fiduciary best practices.
New Trustees Institute
Designed for trustees who have served for less than two years, or who have not previously attended an International Foundation educational program.
- Overview of the role and responsibilities of trustees
- Exploration of the key areas of legal and legislative compliance, trust fund accounting, health care and pension funds, investment and fund assets, and plan administration
Advanced Trustees Institute
Designed for the experienced trustee—Previous attendance at the New Trustees Institute is strongly recommended.
- Update on the latest issues shaping employee benefit plan design
- Assessing your current plan structure, management policies and administrative practices to determine if a modified approach is in order
- Developing sound benefit strategies for an evolving workforce
Designed for salaried and contract administrators of varying levels of experience.
- Update on the latest issues in benefit plan administration
- Benchmarking your standards against the best practices in your field
- Taking a hands-on approach to the possible implementation of new administrative strategies