With the Cadillac tax on the horizon, employers nationwide are taking steps to determine if they will trigger the tax and what actions to take to avoid the tax. This webcast will provide insights on how to prepare for the new tax and examine recent Foundation survey results.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of the tax and IRS Notice 2015-16
- Applicable coverages and aggregate costs
- How to calculate to determine if Cadillac Tax will be triggered?
- Annual limits and tax mechanics
- Why organizations might not trigger the tax?
- Strategic planning and key open issues
- If triggered, when will the tax take effect?
- Actions taken or planned to avoid triggering Cadillac Tax…
Note: There are no regulations yet on the excise tax. This presentation will be based on an interpretation of the statute and the Technical Explanation. The rules for the excise tax may change before the effective date. Caution should be taken when making strategic decisions in advance of the issuance of clarifying regulations.