Job Posting for Internal Audit Manager
We are looking for an objective Internal Auditor who combines a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and sound judgment, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The Internal Auditor should be highly organized, detail-oriented and possess the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team setting. It is important that the candidate display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific duties for this Internal Auditor role include:
• Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans
• Obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
• Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit’s results and document processes
• Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
• Maintaining open communication with management and the audit committee
• Documenting processes and preparing audit findings memorandum
• Conducting follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
• Engaging in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Specific requirements for the Internal Auditor position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• CPA or CIA required
• 3-5+ years public accounting experience - not for profit a plus
• Internal audit experience desired
• Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, accounting software and data analytics software such as IDEA
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
Mail: Melissa Riner, Director of Internal Audit
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
25 Louisiana Ave NW
Washington, DC 2001