Group Business Department
Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage for approximately 1.5 million British Columbians through employee group plans and through individual plans for those who do not have coverage with their employers.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Community Connection Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
We are currently recruiting for an Account Executive, to join the Emerging and Mid-Market Business team within the Group Business department.
Under the broad direction of the Director, the Account Executive will perform a variety of duties relating to the servicing of current clients and the acquisition of new clients. The Account Executive will develop new business by supporting existing plan advisors and prospecting new plan advisors and clients.
This unique and challenging role will be located at our head office in Burnaby.
Key Accountabilities Include:
• Prospects new business through plan advisors and renews each client once a year.
• Coordinates and presents proposals, finalist presentations, and annual renewals.
• Liaises with group decision makers and advisors, reviewing current benefit plan design and recommends changes and additions.
• Promotes new products and services offered by Pacific Blue Cross.
• Manages renewal terms of book of clients to ensure financially viability.
• Grasps complex financial and business issues in order to support and explain Pacific Blue Cross renewals.
• Networks and is involved in the Benefit community to promote our brand and build relationships with clients and plan advisors.
• Provides leadership and mentorship to Account Managers to promote motivation, teamwork and understanding about their clients, advisors and block of business.
• University Degree in Business, Sales and Marketing, or related field
• Specialized training, including over one year of related Sales and Marketing courses
• In-depth knowledge of Group Insurance products and underwriting methods
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the sales of group insurance environment
• Experience working with consulting houses and large advisor firms would be an asset
• Aptitude for multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
Work involves occasional travel outside the Lower Mainland.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short listed candidates will be contacted.