Sheet Metal Workers' National Pension Fund
The Pension Analyst performs all aspects of processing retirement applications and inquiries for pension benefits independently. The functions include set-up through completion. The Pension Analyst is part of a team environment and will be cross trained in Billing and CBA areas to create a well-rounded understanding of the Plan operations.
This is a Union position.
• Perform retirement benefit computations and verifications. Must effectively interpret the Plan to develop clear, accurate benefit calculation or determination of denial of benefits.
• Communicate the terms of the Plan effectively.
• Prepare and verify retirement election forms and notifications as well as compose correspondence.
• Prepare timely responses to legal disclosures and documents to participants, counsel and regulatory authorities.
• Prepare participant appeals and other materials for review.
• Accurately transfer data from outside sources to pension files.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a multi-employer, Taft-Hartley, defined benefit plan.
• Proven track record of exceptional performance in providing professional customer service.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently and within a team environment.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities while paying special attention to detail.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong mathematical aptitude.
Web Site Address:
Page views: 2085