WAEPA, founded in 1943, is a successful non-profit membership association and direct-writing affinity insurance third party administrator (TPA) (501c9) exclusively serving the civilian Federal employee community. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Member Service is responsible for managing WAEPA’s overall brand, communications, and activities related to the acquisition and retention of members, diversifying our revenue streams, and delivering content that reflects our brand.
The Director of Member Service is responsible for developing and executing a department strategy which will service WAEPA members. The Director of Member Service will directly supervise a team of five and have significant budget responsibility while coordinating activities with other WAEPA departments and outside vendors. This is job is multidimensional requiring departmental strategy, staff management, and also rolling-up-the-sleeves to get the job done as needed.
WAEPA is located in Falls Church, Virginia with excellent employee benefits including health, life and a generous 401(k) defined-contribution pension plan. Holidays follow the Federal Government. Parking is included.
• Manages the Member/Customer Service Department.
• In alignment with WAEPA’s overall strategic plan, develop department plan to support current growth goals keeping in mind scalability for expansion.
• Works with insurance carriers and other financial services providers to ensure smooth application processing, premium payment, underwriting, claims, and other functions.
• Responsible for department budget and current staff of five department employees
• Provides supervisory and operations guidance to the department employees.
• Responsible for department budget.
• Develops and maintains appropriate business metrics and tracking systems.
• Understands and implements industry TPA and plan administrator best practices, including deep knowledge of HIPPA, PHI and PII security issues.
• Creates and implements a staff development plan.
• Part of the management team that implements WAEPA’s new TPA plan administration software.
• Adjusts department priorities to reflect changing customer trends and demands short and long-term.
• Works closely with other department leaders to both develop and implement company goals.
• Develop a series of management reports for the CEO.
• Present reports to the Products and Services Committee and to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
Required Education and Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business management, insurance, financial services or related field. Master’s degree, FLMI, CEBS, customer service or other professional designations preferred.
• 7- 10 years of experience in direct-writing insurance customer operations, TPA and/or affinity insurance management (may be with an association in which also administers such programs in-house). Must be able to demonstrate understanding of both insurance and affinity insurance industries.
• Must have demonstrated experience managing people, projects, and budgets; planning for member/customer service in direct writing insurance companies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to engage with members to understand their concerns and identify how WAEPA may be able to assist.
• Creative approaches to problem solving are required.
• Ability to simultaneously coordinate a variety of projects, shifting priorities and work within budget and deadlines is required.
• Understanding of association membership development methods, techniques and be a part of the product development management team.
WAEPA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Submit resume with cover letter detailing interest and qualifications, along with salary requirements by email, indicating position title (Director of Member Service) to: email@example.com