WHO WE ARE
Established to support Canadian forestry workers and their families, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans provide pension and disability benefits and rehabilitation services to members.
With over $3.6 billion in assets, 450+ participating employers and 70,000 members, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension Plan is one of Canada’s top 100 pension funds, and is one of the top three private pension funds in BC. The IWA–Forest Industry LTD Plan was created almost a decade after the pension plan, and now serves over 12,000 members across western Canada.
The plans are intended to supplement government retirement benefits and provide financial protection in the event of illness and injury. They are a valuable part of members’ financial security in retirement and beyond. Both plans are administered by the Plan Office, which manages plan assets and benefits. At the Plan Office, our members are our number one priority, and we take pride in offering exceptional service—whether we’re dealing with members, participating employers, union locals or each other. Working at the Plan Office, you’ll enjoy competitive benefits, a work-life balance, and a close-knit work culture.
WHO YOU ARE
The Pension Support Officer is a member of the pension department and assists with the day to day administration of the IWA–Forest Industry Pension Plan, including:
• Answering pension and benefit related enquiries by phone
• Ensuring that members’ records are maintained in an accurate and up-to-date manner
• Administering the post-retirement death process
• Following-up on outstanding repayments
• Processing applications for pensions for members, survivors, beneficiaries, and limited members;
• Implementing garnishments and increases with respect to return to work provisions
• Some post-secondary education and/or a minimum of three years’ pension and/or benefits plan experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Strong team player and the ability to function in a multi-task environment on a professional and timely basis; ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills together with a customer service focus and a professional and respectful approach. Must display courtesy, discretion, and understanding in dealing with confidential matters and member situations.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and effectively deal with changing situations or priorities.
• Ability to review reports and enter accurate data into various computer systems
• Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
The IWA—Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans are responsible for the management and protection of large amounts of confidential information. All employees are expected to understand the requirements of and act in accordance with provincial privacy laws as well as to adhere to internal controls and policies to ensure confidential information is not revealed to or distributed or discussed with anyone other than as required to perform the duties of the position.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume with cover letter to email@example.com before Friday, March 16, 2018.
Mail: 2100 - 3777 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 3Z7