Multi-Employer Benefit Attorney
Iowa, Minnesota, & Wisconsin
We are looking for a top quality attorney with 2+ years of multi-employer benefit fund experience that believes in excellence, innovation, team-work and doing law differently. We are accepting applicants from across the Midwest.
Germaine Law Firm is not your typical law firm. We kicked the outdated, old school, stuffy law firm model to the curb. Everything from our billing models, treatment of clients and employees, to our atmosphere is different and leans more towards a rapidly growing, start-up environment that celebrates hard work, success and YOU!
We are passionate about representing multi-employer, Taft-Hartley apprenticeship programs and benefit funds in the construction industry across the nation and strive for excellence in everything we do. We believe strongly in innovation and doing things differently. We also believe in being a partner with our clients (and our team) in a way that unites all of us together and removes the barriers or sticking points found in the typical attorney-client model.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Taft-Hartley, multi-employer benefit fund work, including representing apprenticeship programs, health and welfare funds, and retirement plans.
• Arbitration and litigation, including: contractor delinquencies, Scholarship Loan Agreements, subrogation matters for H&W, and appeal matters for H&W.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with current firm clients
• Taking the initiative to manage and oversee various tasks for the Managing Attorney
• Regularly reviewing client policies
• Regularly reviewing, negotiating and tracking service provider agreements
• Preparing for regular client meetings
• Drafting of RFPs, Standards, Plan documents, SPD, employee handbooks, policies and service provider agreements.
• Creating systems and procedures for legal operations
You are a positive and happy professional that is passionate about the work you do. You have a growth-mindset and absolutely love learning new ways to grow - as an attorney, as a professional and personally. You are comfortable working in a startup environment and thrive on change and making an impact. You really own every project you work on and are always looking for ways to add value to the clients you serve. You have an amazing attention to detail and great organizational skills. You believe in being a "team player" with your coworkers and also believe in working with your clients like you are a member of their team. You care innately about people and your goal is to please your clients and fellow employees. "It's not in my job description" is not part of your professional vocabulary.
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary and incentive packages aimed at rewarding and recognizing your hard work
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• A flexible vacation policy and holiday observance.
• Positive work environment
• More freedom and autonomy than a traditional firm
• Remote work options may be available
• Direct client interaction
During your employment, you get direct access to the owner of the firm to learn from and contribute to the fast-growth of the firm. The owner believes strongly in fostering each employee’s personal growth in many more ways than just being a great attorney.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should be: Multi-Employer Attorney Application. In your cover letter, please describe your multi-employer benefit fund law experience, your salary history and salary requirements.