The Board of Trustees of a Taft-Hartley health plan is seeking an Administrative Manager to oversee the administration of a self-funded health and welfare fund with twelve plans of benefits. The benefit options include both grandfathered and non-grandfathered plans. The plan serves members throughout the State of Ohio.
The Administrative Manager directs and coordinates all aspects of the plan's day to day affairs and confers with the Board of Trustees and plan professionals to formulate policy and strategic goals. The Administrative Manager reports to the Board and carries out the operations of plan administration, to include:
- Managing the activities of plan staff, conducting performance reviews, and assigning projects;
- Managing external vendors and service providers;
- Preparing and coordinating plan mailings;
- Preparing an annual budget for the fund office;
- Maintaining an understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices through on-going education;
- Understanding plan eligibility, billing, claims paying, appeal, financial reporting, and internal policies and procedures, to ensure each are properly administered; and
- Scheduling and coordinating Board of Trustees' meetings, and preparing the agenda, meeting materials, and reports of plan performance for same.
The Administrative Manager must have knowledge of ERISA and applicable regulations, ideally gained through significant experience with the Taft-Hartley benefit industry. Five to ten years of experience in the field is preferred. A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or a related field, and/or a CEBS designation, or the equivalent combination of education and experience with employee benefit trust funds is required.
A successful candidate must be able to interpret and apply plan documents and summary plan descriptions, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and have the ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task.
This position includes a highly competitive salary starting at $100,000 (commensurate with experience) and a full benefits package that includes a fund vehicle and mobile phone.
Please send a resume, salary history and requirements, and three to five professional references via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until 5:00 PM, July 5, 2019.