Next Steps for Current Students
Have you already passed one or more exams in the
former curriculum? You can keep the momentum going by switching to the
new curriculum. This provides you with a clear path to completing your CEBS designation!
Former CEBS Registration
Please contact Customer Service at (800) 449-2327, option 3 or email@example.com.
NOTE: Exams for courses in the former curriculum ended on March 31, 2018.
What exam credit will transfer to the new CEBS?
In order to earn your CEBS credential, you can take courses in the new program. All students who have passed GBA 1, GBA 2, RPA 1, and/or RPA 2 will be given credit for these courses in the new curriculum. All other CEBS courses are no longer part of the redesigned CEBS model.
See how your
completed courses apply to the new program.
All students who have passed GBA 1, GBA 2, RPA 1 and/or RPA 2 will be given credit for these courses in the new tracks. All other CEBS courses are no longer part of the redesigned CEBS model. In order to earn your CEBS credential, you can complete courses in the former program, or you can choose to take courses in the new program.
Keep in mind these important points as you make your next move:
- If you have credit (pass grade) for GBA 1 and GBA 2, you can earn your GBA designation by completing the GBA/ RPA 3 course in the new curriculum.
- If you have credit for RPA 1 and RPA 2, you can earn your RPA designation by completing the GBA/RPA 3 course in the new curriculum.
- If you elect to finish your GBA, RPA or both under the former curriculum, you will still need to take GBA/RPA 3 if you want to complete your CEBS under the new CEBS model.
- Testing on courses in the former program ended on March 31, 2018.
- To retain credit (pass grade) for any of the GBA and RPA courses transferred into the new track, you will need to pass any course in the new track by December 31, 2018. After that time, if you have not completed your CEBS designation or a course in the new track, credit for any courses completed in the former curriculum will expire and will no longer count toward completion of a course in the new CEBS program.
Former Curriculum Course Information
Eight-Course Curriculum Model
Six Required Courses
GBA 1—Group Health Plan Design *
GBA 2—Group Benefits Management *
RPA 1—Retirement Plan Design
RPA 2—Retirement Plan Management
CMS 1—Human Resources and Compensation Management
CMS 2—Compensation Concepts and Principles
Two Electives (Any two of the following CEBS courses)
RPA 3—Asset Management
RPA 4—Personal Wealth Management
GBA 3—Health Care Financing and Economics
CMS 3—Executive Compensation and Compensation Issues
Questions about your next step? Give us a call at (800) 449-2327, option 3 or e-mail