Managing Pension Risk
Paul L. Graf, ASA, EA, MAAA, Rael & Letson
Jeffrey J. MacLean, Versus Investments
- What is a risk management strategy and what is its purpose in a portfolio?
- How actuaries and investment consultants view risk differently
- Risk and changing demographics
- Distinguishing between being proactive or reactive
- Determining a pertinent time horizon
- What are the roles of trustees, consultants and managers?
- Review of best practices
- Chicken or the egg?—The interest assumption