Recommended Sequence (part 2 of 4): The first courses in the curriculum is
The Retirement Landscape. It is recommended that you take this course before Retirement Plan Sponsor Responsibilities and Life Cycle of a Group Retirement Plan.
Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans provides an overview of benefits arising from a registered pension plan on retirement, termination of employment or death. It examines various types of defined benefit registered pension plans and non-registered savings plans, including Supplemental Retirement Arrangements and Employee Profit Sharing Plans, as well as their advantages and disadvantages for employees and employers.
- Lesson 1: Defined Contribution Registered Pension Plans (DC RPPs) and Defined Benefit Registered Pension Plans (DB RPPs)
- Lesson 2: Group Deferred Profit Sharing Plans (DPSPs)
- Lesson 3: Group Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
- Lesson 4: Nonregistered Savings Plans (NRSPs)
- Lesson 5: Distribution Options by Plan Type
View full course outline [PDF].