Recommended Sequence (part 3 of 4): The first two courses in the curriculum are
The Retirement Landscape and
Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans. It is recommended that you take this course before Life Cycle of a Group Retirement Plan.
Retirement Plan Sponsor Responsibilities outlines the intent and application of the Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) Guidelines and the Canadian Association of Pension Supervisory Authorities (CAPSA) Guidelines. It reviews the significance of CAP Guidelines and CAPSA Guidelines for plan sponsors, plan members and insurers and highlights key differences between the two sets of Guidelines. Steps taken by the plan sponsor, advisers and service providers when setting up, operating and terminating a CAP are reviewed.
- Lesson 1: Implications of the Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) Guidelines for CAP Stakeholders
- Lesson 2: Setting Up a CAP
- Lesson 3: Introducing a CAP to Plan Members
- Lesson 4: Maintaining a CAP and Providing Ongoing Communication to Plan Members
- Lesson 5: Terminating a CAP
View full course outline [PDF].