Earning Certificates –
Current ATMS Participants
Does the Advanced Trust Management Standards (ATMS) program apply to those working with both pension and health and welfare funds?
Yes. Issues in common to each type of plan will be addressed. There will also be opportunities for break-out sessions to discuss the issues that are unique to each type of plan.
Does the ATMS program apply to those working with both multi-employer and public sector plans?
Yes. Common and unique issues to each of these sectors will be addressed.
How is the new ATMS curriculum different from the previous curriculum?
The new ATMS curriculum is more comprehensive and includes a test.
If I took ATMS courses in the past, do I need to take the new ATMS curriculum?
Is my certificate under the previous curriculum still valid?
Individuals who have previously taken ATMS are encouraged, but not required, to enroll in the new ATMS program. The new program provides a streamlined course curriculum with an assessment component that is applicable to all types of funds. See prerequisites to enroll.
Yes. Certificates earned under the previous curriculum of ATMS are, and will continue to be, recognized by the International Foundation as an achievement.
If I have already earned a certificate under the previous ATMS curriculum, am I able to participate in the Quality Series continuing education sessions?
Yes. This program is intended for all ATMS certificate holders.
Will I earn an additional certificate if I earned a certificate under the previous curriculum and decide to take the new ATMS?
Yes. While the certificate under the previous curriculum is still recognized as an achievement, you will earn a separate certificate for completing the requirements of the new ATMS curriculum.
[back to top]
How do I earn a Certificate of Achievement under ATMS?
To earn a Certificate of Achievement, participants must complete four days of classroom attendance and accompanying
What are my choices for taking the four days of classroom instruction?
- Full Program—Those choosing this format must take all four days in one location.
- The full program format will be offered once per year.
- The content of this course will be assessed in one 60-question test.
Note: This format is very intensive.
- Session A and Session B—Those choosing this format must complete two separate courses, each held prior to another conference.
- Each course is 2 days in length.
- This format is sequential—Session A (including successful completion of the accompanying test) is a prerequisite for Session B.
- Sessions A and B will be offered concurrently each year. Therefore, this format will require attendance at two separate conference locations.
- Sessions A and B are not available at the standalone Full Program offerings.
Am I required to take ATMS in a particular order?
Yes. If you opt to take ATMS in the sessional format, Session A must be taken prior to Session B. If you opt to take the Full Program 4-day format, all 4 days must be done at one time.
[back to top]
Do I need to meet any prerequisites before I enroll in ATMS?
Yes. Due to the advanced nature of the curriculum, we require that attendees have a core knowledge base in the effective management of trusts. To that end, before enrolling in ATMS, you must complete the FTMS Certificate of Achievement (earned by completing the classroom work and passing the test) OR pass the ATMS Qualifying Test.
When choosing to take Sessions A and B, successful completion of Session A and its accompanying test are prerequisites for enrollment in Session B.
What is the format for the ATMS Qualifying Test?
ATMS Qualifying Test is an online, 40-question multiple-choice, open-book test.
How do I prepare for the ATMS Qualifying Test?
Upon registering for the qualifying test, a binder of reading materials will be sent to you. This comprehensive set of materials can be used to prepare. You are encouraged to use these materials and your own notes while taking the test. Click
here for information and to register.
How can I view my transcript?
Your personal educational history transcript may be downloaded from our website
www.ifebp.ca by the following steps:
- In the light gray bar at the top of the website, you will see “Welcome, you are not logged in.” Next to this is “Log In.” Click on this link.
- On the next screen, enter your Username and Password. Then click the Log In button.
- In the light gray bar at the top of the website, you will see My Account next to Contact Us. Hover over the drop down arrow, move down and click on My Educational Records.
- Click the View Your Record button located in the center of the page.
- In the File Download box, click the Open button.
- Your transcript will be brought up as a PDF file that you can view and print out if you want.
Note: If the transcript shows “Not Qualified,” this means that you either did not write the exam or that you were not successful. We will not be able to provide an assignment breakdown if you were unsuccessful.
[back to top]
Does the ATMS program include tests?
Yes. The four-day full program format includes one comprehensive 60-question exam—after the 4 days of classroom instruction.
The two-day sessional format includes two exams, each 30 questions in length—one after Session A and one after Session B.
The content of the tests will be similar in both formats.
Successful completion of the ATMS test(s) is required to earn an ATMS Certificate of Achievement. Those who do not successfully complete the test(s) will receive a Certificate of Attendance for full classroom participation.
Why does the ATMS program include tests?
The objectives of the ATMS tests are to ensure trustees have an understanding of effective trust management, can find the answers they need and have the ability to apply the information to a variety of scenarios. The assessment component provides trustees the ability to validate their learning.
How long do I have to take the test(s)?
Each test will be available online for 60 days from the last day of classroom instruction.
How many attempts do I have to take the test(s)?
Your registration includes 2 attempts at taking the test. If you do not pass on your second attempt, you may purchase 2 more attempts for a reduced fee of $145. Please click on the button below to register for the retake test.
[back to top]