​Health Literacy

Online Health Literacy Training

Book

Current research suggests that only 12% of adults have proficient health literacy, while the remaining 88% of consumers often find themselves unsure of the best options for managing their health care—leading to increased health care costs due to misunderstanding and misuse of resources. This course defines health literacy and its importance and will provide you with a comprehensive overview of how to assist consumers with low health literacy in any setting.

Lessons include:

Health Literacy and Its Importance
Differentiates the various levels of health literacy and shows how low health literacy can negatively impact consumer health and well-being.

Recognizing and Interpreting Cues
Explains how to recognize signs of low health literacy via verbal and nonverbal cues and how different consumer groups are impacted by low health literacy.

Challenges Associated With Low Health Literacy
Illustrates how consumers are limited by low health literacy when it comes to accessing health care and understanding difficult insurance plans and concepts.

Communicating With Consumers With Low Health Literacy
Provides advice for anyone who counsels consumers through difficult health care decisions on how to eliminate fear, create a welcoming atmosphere and facilitate understanding. Additional topics addressed include overcoming language barriers and jargon.

certificate health plan navigation logo

This course counts toward the Certificate in Health Plan Navigation​. Earn your Certificate to understand the fundamentals of health care plans and how to support your plan participants in making the best health care choices. Learn more.

Price: $50 Members
(Nonmembers $75)

Order Now

Why Choose E-Learning?

Self-Paced

Navigate the course at a pace that fits your learning style.

Convenient

Learn on your schedule—without the inconvenience of time away from the office.

Expert-Created Content

Take a deep-dive into a topic with content developed by industry leaders.

Cost-Effective

Save when you choose affordably-priced training with no additional travel costs.

...

Questions?

Contact us at (888) 334-3327, option 3 or elearning@ifebp.org.

Team Training

Take advantage of special discounted pricing when you train your team with this e-learning course.

Continuing Education

This course may qualify for Continuing Education (CE) Credit and CEBS CPE.