A workforce wellness initiative is more than just a program. It refers to the systematic efforts of an organization to enhance the wellness of its members through education, behavioral change and cultural support. Many employers take an active role in supporting employee wellness because improved quality of life positively affects overall productivity, health and stability of the workforce. The key to long-term success is building a culture within the organization that encourages and supports health and healthy behaviors. This course provides a comprehensive overview of workforce wellness.
You will learn about:
- The history of wellness and health promotion
- The business case for wellness initiatives
- Developing and implementing an effective workforce wellness initiative
- The role of chronic disease management
- Maintaining compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- The taxation of wellness incentives.
View full course outline [PDF].