Living with stress and anxiety is much more prevalent than you might imagine. Millions of people are burdened by life’s challenges every single day–from difficult life events and balancing professional and personal responsibilities to acute pain, illness, and chronic health conditions. These challenges show up at work, and the health consequences show up in the bottom line, with pressures on health care claims from health conditions that could be mitigated through prevention activities, including mindfulness based stress management.
Stress at work is caused by many factors. It can be difficult, if not impossible for us to talk about our stress and anxiety or face its causes. Most employees won't seek help for their suffering outside of the workplace. In our culture of minimization, avoidance, and denial of our fears and feelings, we dig ourselves deeper into day to day pain and suffering. Creating a corporate wellness focus that encourages stress management practices and sharing them in a science based way allows a forward-thinking employer a wellness culture that encourages self care. This creates the opportunity for optimal performance at work, by offering simple, straight forward, multi culturally appropriate approaches to encourage mental ease.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how the Science of Mindfulness helps us stress less, by increasing our awareness to promote relaxation. Learning objectives include:
- Understanding the Biology of the Body and the Stress Response
- How to enhance our responses to stress
- Developing an attitude of gratitude to cultivate positive states of mind
- How to identify the signs of compassion fatigue to solve burnout
- Three practices to promote less stress and improve mental focus and performance
- Two practices to promote better sleep and improve health outcomes