The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) issued a notice requesting that the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) extend approval of collections of certain information under its regulations on multiemployer plans under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA). OMB approvals for seven collections of information are set to expire June 30, 2017.
The collections of information for which PBGC is requesting extension of OMB approval are:
- Extension of Special Withdrawal Liability Rules (29 CFR Part 4203) (OMB Control Number 1212-0023)
- Variances for Sale of Assets (29 CFR Part 4204) (OMB control number 1212-0021)
- Reduction or Waiver of Complete Withdrawal Liability (29 CFR Part 4207) (OMB Control Number 1212-0044)
- Reduction or Waiver of Partial Withdrawal Liability (29 CFR Part 4208) (OMB Control Number 1212-0039)
- Allocating Unfunded Vested Benefits to Withdrawing Employers (29 CFR Part 4211) (OMB Control Number 1212–0035)
- Notice, Collection, and Redetermination of Withdrawal Liability (29 CFR Part 4219) (OMB Control Number 1212–0034)
- Procedures for PBGC Approval of Plan Amendments (29 CFR Part 4220) (OMB Control Number 1212–0031)
Comments are due June 5, 2017.