Answers to hundreds of questions frequently asked by employers and their advisors concerning the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This reference book addresses implementation, compliance and tax implications of health care reform. Among the topics covered are:
- The effective dates of various penalties
- Types of health insurance affected by heath care reform
- Rules regarding health insurance exchanges
- Reasons employers should or should not continue to offer health insurance
- Tax incentives for offering health insurance
- Tax and other benefits of a grandfathered plan
Guidance is also offered on:
- Effect of Zubik v. Burwell on ACA
- Full implementation of the employer mandate
- Repeal of the automatic enrollment provision
- Changes in Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
- The effect of recent court decisions and administrative actions on ACA
- Legal challenges to ACA or components thereof
- Details on health insurance purchased on the exchanges and other rules
- Effective date of statutory penalties
- And more.
The book also includes a model summary of benefits and coverage (SBC), a glossary of health coverage and medical terms and model notices from the U.S. Department of Labor.
Click to see the Table of Contents.
Keywords:Health care reform|Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010|PPACA|ACA|health and welfare benefits|defense of marriage act|health information privacy/security|wellness|flexible benefit plans