Everything an instructor needs to teach Financial Tools for the Trades to apprentices, including:
- Four personal finance lessons with an in-depth instructor’s script, learning activities, and answers to apprentices’ frequently asked questions
- Four ready-made PowerPoint presentations on a CD-ROM that will guide an instructor through each lesson
- Suggestions of how to find a local bank or credit union to partner with the program and help you teach the class
- Practical tips for teaching apprentices about money management
- Two copies of the book Financial Tools for the Trades: A Survival Guide for Apprentices.
Financial topics covered in the student guide and the toolkit are how to prepare financially for the apprenticeship experience and the layoffs common to working in a trade, managing money using a spending plan, understanding credit, building a good credit history and dealing with debt.
Additional student guides can be purchased separately. See Financial Tools for the Trades: A Survival Guide for Apprentices, item #9103.
RELATED RESOURCE: Click to see the related e-learning course Financial Tools for the Trades.
Keywords: education and training|Multiemployer plans|Personal Finance|United States|