Succinct and authoritative answers to an extremely broad range of health insurance topics—plan design, funding, federal and state regulation, cost management, quality assurance, communication and much more. Also addressed are related topics such as dental insurance, vision coverage, mental health treatment, Medicare, employee assistance programs and wellness. Case law citations and examples are provided in straightforward language that avoids technical jargon. Appendixes contain several model COBRA notices, a sample QMCSO procedure, model Medicare Part D notices and a sample completed summary of benefits and coverage. This 3-ring binder contains the entire 12th edition plus the 2016 supplement, including:
- Information on health care reform regulations
- The latest information on compliance with health care reform related tax filing and reporting requirements
- Impact of the Supreme Court’s decisions on contraceptive coverage
- Regulatory responses to the Supreme Court's decision on same-sex marriage
- Results from the most recent surveys of plan design and plan costs.
Click to see the Table of Contents.
RELATED RESOURCE: Click to see the related e-learning course Health Insurance Basics.
Keywords: DOMA||Health insurance|health care cost management|group insurance|EAP|Employee Assistance Program|mental health benefits|dental benefits|Plan design|plan administration|funding|vision benefits|flexible benefits|form 5500|retiree health benefits|VEBA|Pharmacy benefits|LTC|long term care|wellness programs|HIPAA|Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act|FMLA|Family and Medical Leave Act|COBRA|ADA|Americans with Disabilities Act