Learn the latest strategies in managing your health and welfare plans from industry experts. This three-part video presentation package was recorded at the 61st Annual Employee Benefits Conference. Each session is 1 hour 15 minutes long.
Access is provided via "My E-Learning" on the Foundation's website for 180 days from the date of purchase.
Health Plan Design Trends
Dee Shaw, Horizon Actuarial Services, LLC
- High-deductible health plans
- Eligibility and spousal coverage
- Value-based benefit designs
- Skinny networks
- Considerations in mergers of small welfare plans
- Wraparound plans.
Health Care Delivery Alternatives
Jorge Alvidrez, M.B.A., ASA, MAAA, InnoQual Health & Actarial Consulting, LLC
Peter J. Kaehler, CLU, REBC, RHU, Labor Health Consulting
- The range of health care delivery methods and emerging trends
- On-site and retail clinic models
- Telemedicine and teletherapy
- Impact of state laws
Strategies for Retiree Health Coverage
Kathryn L. Bakich, The Segal Company
- How is the retiree health care landscape changing (both pre- and post-Medicare)?
- How are private and public exchanges being used for retirees?
- Are retiree-only plans on the rise? Are there limitations?
- Considerations for decision making
- Health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) and prefunding options.