Learn the latest Canadian investment strategies from Canadian industry experts. This three-part video presentation package was recorded at the 48th Canadian Annual Employee Benefits Conference. Each session is 1 hour 15 minutes long.
Access is provided via "My E-Learning" on the Foundation's website for 180 days from the date of purchase.
Lessons From Capitol Markets History
Harry S. Marmer B.B.A., CFA, Executive Vice President and Partner, Hillsdale Investment Management Inc
Study capital market history to examine a wide range of popular beliefs, including:
- Business and stock market cycles are predictable
- The market cannot be beaten so buy an index fund
- Interest rates can be forecast
- Equity markets are more volatile today
- Private equity is a good replacement for public equity.
Modelling for Success
Peter C. Hayes FCIA, FSA, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Eckler Ltd.
Let's face it, an actuarial valuation is a lousy tool for making good decisions, but it's the tool many of us have used to steer our plans through the good and bad of the past couple of decades. We can do better...by modeling for success!
Socially Responsible Investing
Brendan D. George CFA, FSA, Partner, George & Bell Consulting, Inc.
- Terminology: SRI, ESG, impact investing
- Use of SRI by institutions
- Use of proxy voting and shareholder engagement
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- Impact of ESG on risk and return
- Legislative constraints for Canadian institutions
- Investment policy considerations
- Hiring and monitoring fund managers
- Using ESG in alternative investment strategies.