Web Site Address:
TAMPA FIRE & POLICE PENSION FUND
This is a highly responsible position involving complex, technical work related to providing retirement benefits and services.
NATURE OF WORK:
Employee provides retirement-related services to F&P customers, including active and retired firefighters and police officers, beneficiaries, trustees, professionals, and the City of Tampa. Employee is responsible for performing a variety of specialized duties of more than average difficulty, which require the application of technical knowledge of appropriate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Although under direction, many tasks are performed independently requiring considerable initiative and independent judgment due to the highly responsible and often confidential nature of work assignments. Tasks must be completed with a high degree of accuracy and on a timely basis. Additionally, considerable tact and diplomacy are required in that employees must be able to work with and gain cooperation from others.
Employee must be proficient in use of computers, grammar, and composition. Work is reviewed through observation, conferences, deliverables submitted, and results obtained.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Employee performs highly responsible activities relating to member retirement benefits. Such tasks include:
• reviewing, explaining, and discussing retirement benefits and agency policies and procedures;
• determining membership eligibility and eligibility for retirement;
• calculating estimated and final pension benefit amounts, including service credit, earnings, and contributions histories;
• drafting correspondence, including form letters and complex original material; and
• other special assignments, projects, or duties, as assigned.
To be successful, employee must be able to:
• utilize computers to prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other technical materials as directed and from rough draft where required;
• proofread own work;
• compose correspondence independently or from general outlines;
• reliably answer questions on the phone or in person to requests for information from the public, Fund professionals, Plan Sponsor, or other agencies or routes calls to the appropriate personnel;
• maintains personal and shared calendar of appointments; and
• establish and maintain files, control logs, and other office records.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Employee must have considerable knowledge of or skill in:
• business English, mathematics, and accepted practices of grammar and composition;
• standard office practices and procedures;
• typing/data entry, with proficiency in 10-key stroke preferred; and
• operation of computers and related software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
Employee must be able to:
• quickly gain a working knowledge of the Fund’s rules, regulations, administrative procedures, policies, and functions;
• compose, edit, and correct draft correspondence and reports;
• understand and follow complex oral and written instructions;
• maintain files and records;
• prepare reports;
• operate and provide minor maintenance of office machinery and equipment; and
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or similar field or equivalent work experience, training, skills, and/or certifications;
• three (3) years of pension/benefits administration experience;
• experience in public, defined benefit plans is preferred; and
• working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
Interested candidates may submit a resume to Tiffany Ernst, Plan Administrator, via:
Mail: 3001 N. Blvd., Tampa, FL 33603
*Please be advised that email communications are subject to public records disclosure pursuant to Florida State Statutes.