San Rafael, CA
Web Site Address:
GGTARP, a single employer, public employee, defined benefit plan seeks proposals from qualified firms or individuals to provide outside legal counsel to the Board of Trustees. Experience with defined benefit plans desired. A copy of RFP No. 2019-1 can be obtained upon request by contacting the Plan Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting a proposal is April 12, 2019.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Plan is seeking the services of a qualified attorney with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience, preferably representing defined benefit plans or Taft-Harley Plans and having experience in labor law to act as outside legal counsel to the Plan (“Plan Counsel”). Plan Counsel reports to Plan Trustees and will be responsible for preparing and presenting reports and supporting materials to the Board at the regular quarterly board meetings, special meetings, and upon request by the Board members or Plan Administrator. The Plan’s Board of Trustees meetings generally occur on the last Wednesday of the month following the end of each calendar quarter.
Plan Counsel’s services will include, but not be limited to:
• General legal representation in legal matters.
• Preparing amendments to the Plan in compliance with the applicable statutory and regulatory framework.
• Verifying tax qualification of the Plan under the Internal Revenue Code.
• Responding to inquiries from local governments.
• Participation in the Request for Proposals bidding process for vendors providing services to the Plan.
• Review and provide interpretation of Plan and contract terms.
• Attendance at Board meetings.
• Other matters which may require legal review, advice, or representation.
• Plan Counsel also works closely with the Plan Administrator to ensure that the Plan is in compliance with current laws and uses best industry practices. The Plan Administrator may also request assistance from the Plan Counsel from time to time for opinions on Plan interpretation.
All Proposers submitting a proposal must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
• The Proposer is not currently involved in or affiliated with other consultants or clients that might present an organizational conflict of interest.
• The Proposer is not in litigation adverse to the Plan, the District or the Union, or in other litigation which may have significant and adverse impact on the ability to perform services for the Plan.
• The Proposer does not represent clients in litigation adverse to the Plan, the District or the Union or in other litigation, which may have a significant and adverse impact on the ability to perform services for the Plan.
• The Proposer has a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in providing legal consulting services related to, but not limited to, deferred compensation plans and/or defined benefit plans.
• The Proposer has the resources and commitment to complete all components of the representation of the Plan in a timely manner, including but not limited to, attending review meetings; advising staff on matters specific to the Plan; preparing documents; and assisting with fee negotiations, if necessary.
RFP 2019-1 may be inspected and obtained at the office of the Plan, 185 North Redwood Drive, Suite 201, San Rafael, CA 94903, by telephone at (415) 479-4220, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For additional information, contact Tehani Lecoeuche, Plan Administrator, at (415) 479-4220.