Group Benefits Manager
About Coughlin & Associates Ltd.:
Across the country, thousands of Canadians rely on Coughlin & Associates Ltd. to design and administer their group medical, dental, disability, life insurance and pension benefits. Coughlin is a full-service benefits consultant and third party administrator. Our services include:
• group benefits consulting and plan marketing
• plan administration and correspondence
• claims adjudication and payment
Established in 1958, Coughlin & Associates Ltd. provides services to some of Canada’s most respected companies, unions and public service organizations.
Do you value Service Beyond Expectations™?
Today, we are offering highly organized and motivated individuals with a passion for exceptional service the opportunity to fill the following full-time position in our Ottawa office. If you have experience relating to some of the following fields: accounting, benefits, claims adjudication, customer service, group administration, human resources, payroll, business analysis, consulting, finance, banking, bookkeeping, accounts payable, or accounts receivable, we want to hear from you.
Group Benefits Manager
The Group Benefits Manager provides leadership as well as manages multi-functional activities of the Group Benefits Administration Department, in such a way as to enable the smooth operation and administration of Coughlin’s plans. The Manager is responsible to ensure that the administrative processes and procedures support the effective and efficient delivery of quality services to our clients. Responsibilities include establishing policies and procedures, as well as internal controls, personnel planning to include coaching and directing staff and providing support to the management and consulting teams. The Manager is also responsible to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the department’s effectiveness as well as reporting on statistical data and determining priorities based on overall organizational goals. The Manager is responsible for project management, coordinating and participating in the integration of system changes as well as participating in strategic planning initiatives.
The Group Benefits Manager requires a post-secondary diploma in a related field or equivalent training acquired from a combination of relevant work experience and education. At least 5 years of related work experience in accounting or benefits administration and at least 3 years of supervisory experience is expected.
The Group Benefits Manager must possess:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the administration surrounding group benefits plans.
• Strong leadership abilities, to include; inspire, motivate and lead employees, excellent interpersonal skills, coordinating workflow and training plans, motivating a team, motivating individual performance, and preparing and delivering performance development evaluations.
• The demonstrated ability to successfully manage multi-functional activities and to function competently in a team environment.
• The ability to manage change while aligning and adjusting milestones and targets in order to maintain forward momentum along with the ability to anticipate, plan, monitor progress and adjust as needed.
• The ability to create positive atmospheres and an overall team culture that is open, transparent, positive, future-focused and able to deliver success
• The ability to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion.
• The ability to act independently as a representative for the management team.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, accounting software, and standard office administration procedures.
• Excellent grammatical, spelling, and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills along with strong mathematical and reconciliation skills.
• Knowledge of the principals of accounting practices and banking procedures.
• The ability to maintain good public relations, both within and outside the organization.
• Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to manage time effectively to meet numerous, conflicting, and the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to changing deadlines.
• The ability to adhere to and enforce existing company policies and procedures.
• The ability to deal maturely with issues and stand up well under pressure.
• The ability to use tact and discretion to maintain information in the strictest of confidence.
The ideal candidate would also possess:
• Bilingualism in both official languages.
• Project Management experience.
• Knowledge and experience of LEAN Management Principles.
• System integration experience.
• CEBS designation.
The Group Benefits Manager is responsible to work extended hours as requested or as required to meet the job demands and must agree to do other projects and duties as assigned by the Vice-President of Operations.
What’s in it for you?
We offer one of the most competitive compensation and benefits packages in the industry. We pride ourselves on career development and fostering growth. Our employees enjoy the opportunity to provide valuable feedback and collaborate on achieving goals. Coughlin’s team is truly one-of-a-kind. If you have what it takes to provide Service Beyond Expectations™, apply today.
How do I apply?
Interested applicants should forward a resume and covering letter stating their salary expectations to email@example.com attn: Human Resources Generalist.
Coughlin & Associates Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout our selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more details: www.coughlin.ca