Web Site Address:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Finance department in conjunction with the Finance Supervisor.
• Oversee & manage all external Fund audits, including but not limited to, annual audits, Department of Labor (DOL) and IRS audits.
• Review and approve the Funds’ audited financial statements.
• Attend meetings as needed and communicate Fund changes to the appropriate staff.
• Monitor, develop, train and implement accounting policies and proper application of GAAP.
• Maintain effective communication and working relationships with management and the team as well as clients, government agencies, unions, participants, attorneys, vendors and consultants.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Professionalism- Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments; Team Player.
• Customer Service- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; respond to requests for service and assistance.
• Quality- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitor own work to ensure quality; Take pride in his/her own work; Organized.
• Quantity- Meet productivity standards; Complete work in timely manner; Strive to increase productivity; Work quickly.
• Dependability- Follow instructions; Keep commitments; Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Adaptability- Adapt to fast paced changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Manage frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Ability to prioritize duties. Independent learning who will research, problem solve, and achieve required results.
• Communication- Respond well to questions; write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; Ability to read and interpret written information.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Active CPA License required.
• 3-5 years Taft-Hartley experience is highly preferred.
• 3-5 years of strong people management and development skills, effective prioritization and delegation, and leadership ability including high focus on maintaining organizational culture that fosters strong teamwork.
• Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work with many different types of accounting software.
• Up to 10% travel may be required to other office locations.