Position Title: Benefits Analyst
Department: Health & Welfare Practice
Reports To: Health & Welfare Analyst Supervisor
As a key member of the Health & Welfare Practice, the Benefits Analyst will support the company's objectives by providing technical and administrative support to our team of Health and Welfare consultants and analysts located in multiple offices.
- Analyze health plan statistical, financial reports and other specialized reports as needed.
- Prepare periodic client reports on plan operations/performance including annual budget projections.
- Calculate projected plan costs for self-insured coverages (i.e. medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision benefits).
- Calculate COBRA rates, other self-payment rates and required Employer Contribution rates.
- Determine the projected costs savings/cost of benefit or eligibility modifications.
- Coordinate receipt and review of insurance and service provider renewals.
- Draft and or review of plan comparisons, participant notices, Summary Plan Descriptions, Plan Documents and amendments, as requested.
- Prepare and review Request for Proposals (insurance carriers or service providers).
- Collaborate with other analysts to develop/improve data and project management capabilities.
- Provide administrative assistance to clients and internal staff.
- Assist in compliance and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Communicate both in writing and verbally with external clients and effectively communicate across departments and teams within the organization; Health & Welfare, Actuarial, OPEB & Pension, finance, sales, marketing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong research and data analysis skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and effectively multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of statistics and business operations.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, etc.); must have expert abilities in MS Excel.
- Understanding of statistical analysis programs (HealthMaps a Plus).
- Analytical yet creative and able to resolve issues quickly.
- Bachelor's degree in, Math, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or similar degree.
- Two or more years of experience working in a similar industry.
- Experience working in finance or the healthcare industry.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. long-term without sponsorship.