The HR - Manager of Benefits is responsible for managing the organization's health and welfare and retirement benefits team and providing operational oversight of all related programs. The manager will evaluate programs and make recommendations on potential modifications to maintain the organization's objectives and competitive position in the marketplace while simultaneously utilizing our Lean management system to gain ongoing efficiencies in program offerings.
Core Job Functions Include:
Team & Vendor Management
- Provide day-to-day oversight of benefits staff and processes. Ensure staff are adequately trained and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide technical guidance on a variety of benefits programs. Serve as escalation point for issues as needed.
- Supports Retirement Plan Committee
- Facilitate and remove roadblocks for desired Lean work and results.
- Works closely with HRIS team to ensure efficient and effective use of HRIS systems.
- Manages vendor relationships. Build and maintain relationships with outside benefit plan vendors, consultants, and personal network to maximize organizational gain.
Program Evaluation, Design & Compliance
- Conduct on-going evaluation of assigned functions for the organization, including participation in the design of all health and welfare and retirement plan benefit programs.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on program design recommendations and implementations.
- Ongoing analysis to determine cost driver trends and opportunities for cost containment. Works closely with vendors and Director on identification of opportunities and monitoring of plan performance.
- Ensure compliance of plans with all applicable laws and regulations, including all required timely filings.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive leadership experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive individual contributor benefits experience.
- Prior experience with HRIS systems required.
- Previous benefits experience in a healthcare/hospital environment preferred.
Special Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough understanding of benefit programs and design required.
- In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations regarding benefits programs and administration required.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems required with depth in systems design and administration preferred.
- Excellent communication and team-building required
For questions, please contact Taylor Hermes at: Taylor.Hermes@salemhealth.org