Employment/Labor Law Attorney
We are looking for a top quality attorney with 4+ years of Employment / Labor Law experience that believes in excellence, innovation, team-work and doing law differently. We are accepting applicants from across the Midwest. About the Business
Germaine Law Firm is not your typical law firm. We kicked the outdated, old school, stuffy law firm model to the curb. Everything from our billing models, treatment of clients and employees, to our atmosphere is different and leans more towards a rapidly growing, start-up environment that celebrates hard work, success and YOU!
We are passionate about representing multi-employer, Taft-Hartley apprenticeship programs across the nation in the construction industry and strive for excellence in everything we do. We believe strongly in innovation and doing things differently. We also believe in being a partner with our clients (and our team) in a way that unites all of us together and removes the barriers or sticking points found in the typical attorney-client model. We are at the forefront of bringing new ideas and initiatives to our clients to help them adapt to the every-changing industry needs.What You'll Be Doing
- Handling employment and labor law issues as they impact apprenticeship programs, including spotting, researching and protecting apprenticeship programs from various laws, including the Department of Labor ERISA and Apprenticeship Regulations, Taft-Hartley Act, Internal Revenue Code, Americans with Disabilities Act, FMLA, National Labor Relations Act, and various state laws.
- Developing and conducting training, drafting policies and procedures, and handling cases on harassment and discrimination issues.
- Identifying, assessing and handling Americans with Disability Act issues for apprenticeship programs.
- Developing training standards, selection procedures, affirmative action programs and policies for apprenticeship programs.
- Drafting policies and handbooks for apprentices and employees.
- Researching and creating policies regarding drug testing and staying abreast of marijuana laws across the nation.
- Defending arbitration and litigation cases for programs, which may include:
o Harassment and discrimination
o NLRB investigations
o DOL investigations
o Contractor delinquencies
o Scholarship Loan Agreements
o Subrogation matters for H&W
o Appeal matters for H&W
- Reviewing, negotiating and tracking of service provider agreements
- Preparing for client meetings
- Developing and maintaining relationships with current firm clients.
- Taking the initiative to manage and oversee various tasks for the CEO.
- Creating systems, policies and procedures for legal operationsAbout You
You are a positive and happy professional that is passionate about the work you do. You have a growth-mindset and absolutely love learning new ways to grow - as an attorney, as a professional and personally. You are comfortable working in a startup environment and thrive on change and making an impact. You really own every project you work on and are always looking for ways to add value to the clients you serve. You have an amazing attention to detail and great organizational skills. You believe in being a "team player" with your coworkers and also believe in working with your clients like you are a member of their team. You care innately about people and your goal is to please your clients and fellow employees. "It's not in my job description" is not part of your professional vocabulary. This is not an entry level position. We are looking for an attorney with 4+ years of experience. Remote work environments may be a possibility, so you may be licensed in Iowa or the Midwest.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, AD&D and disability coverage
- A flexible vacation policy and holiday observance.
- Positive work environment
- More freedom and autonomy than a traditional firm
- Remote work options may be available
- Direct client interaction
During your employment, you get direct access to the owner of the firm to learn from and contribute to the fast growth of the firm. The owner believes strongly in fostering each employee’s personal growth in many more ways than just being a great attorney.To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must be: Employment/Labor Law Attorney Application. In your cover letter, please describe your multi-employer benefit fund and/or employment/labor law experience, your salary history and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!