Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Senior Benefits Analyst to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing trends, working with vendors, and handling a variety of benefits plans. Position Summary:
Develops and conducts analyses, interprets results and makes recommendations that support the development and maintenance of effective benefit programs aligned with the organization's Employee Value Proposition. Communicate and interface with current and former employees related to benefit plan questions.
- Facilitate the design, development, implementation and administration of benefit communications, policies and programs ensuring alignment with company strategy and Employee Value Proposition.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators to ensure appropriate support levels and adherence to plan controls.
- Manage company’s regulatory compliance filings and ensure compliance with emerging trends.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial transactions, which may include required reporting, benefit funding, account reconciliation transactions, payment of fees, and auditing of plans.
- Administer daily benefits processing, which may include enrollments, changes, terminations, COBRA, and retirement plan transactions including QDROs, loans and distributions
- Ensure appropriate benefit plan coordination with payroll, alignment with HRIS, plan documents and administrative guidelines and source documents in accordance with financial controls and corporate standards.
- Participate in external benefit surveys, provide detailed analysis on competitive position, trends and recommend program adjustments based on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent years of experience.
- 5 years progressive benefits experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in laws and regulations governing benefits including Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, IRS regulations, Section 125, and COBRA.
- Experience with Workday or similar Human Capital Management system.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated successful ability to work on several projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.