About The D.C. Retirement Board:
The District of Columbia Retirement Board (DCRB) is an independent agency of the District of Columbia Government. Our mission is to manage and control the assets of the D.C. Police Officers' and Firefighters' Retirement Fund and the D.C. Teachers' Retirement Fund as well as to administer benefits for the members of the of the D.C. Police Officers' and Firefighters' Retirement Plan and the D.C. Teachers' Retirement Plan.
Acts as the primary DCRB point of contact for members, providers and other key stakeholders to provide information and troubleshoot complex issues in response to inquiries about coverage, benefits, and services. This position also handles and resolves member complaints. The representative will respond to inquiries from both active and retired members, survivors, beneficiaries, and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interpret Summary Plan provisions and department policies to respond to telephone, fax, and electronic inquiries from active and retired members, survivors, beneficiaries, and others.
2. Research required information using available resources and triage when necessary.
3. Responsible for navigating multiple systems applications such as Excel logs, STAR, Access databases, FileNet, and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) system in order to resolve customer issues.
4. Complete participant transactions as required using internet applications or manual procedures as required, including tax updates, health care changes, direct deposit changes, change of addresses, contact updates, Power of Attorney updates, notification of deaths, and other member changes related to their annuity.
5. Properly distribute DCRB forms and ensure the forms are available to members via fax or email. Provides instructions to members on how to access forms by using the DCRB web site.
6. Capture and document member feedback; receives, resolves, and routes complaints as defined by Department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
7. Draft original member correspondence related to the specific issue of the member.
• Knowledge of Benefit Administration process and procedures Including but not limited to: retirement applications, claims submission, insurance, records management
• Knowledge of operation of personal computers, Microsoft office products and general office equipment - photocopy machines; fax machines, image processors, and ancillary fulfillment equipment
• Intermediate arithmetic, using a calculator or Excel
• Excellent customer service and communication skills (both oral and written).
REQUIRED EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
• Associate degree or equivalent.
Job Experience (years & type):
• Three years of experience working in an office and call center environment.
DCRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How & Where To Apply:
Applicants must submit a completed DC2000 Employment Application, letter of interest discussing eligibility and qualifications, and resume. The DC2000 Employment Application is available as a fillable file document on the “Working at DCRB” page on DCRB’s website. You may view the page here: http://dcrb.dc.gov/service/working-dcrb
Applicants claiming Veterans Preference must submit official proof with application.
All educational and experience requirements used to determine eligibility for this position must be officially verified at the time of appointment. No offer of employment will be deemed fulfilled without such verification(s).
Please send all application materials via e-mail to: email@example.com.
Note: Temporarily, this job can be performed remotely, meaning primarily from home, due to COVID-19.