Reporting to a Senior Director, the Business Development Consultant develops and maintains key client relationships in the construction industry and related sectors providing them with required services and generating revenues for the organization. This individual works as part of a sales and customer service team that serves the organization’s stakeholders through support, exclusive benefits, and advocacy services.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop, strengthen maintain, and retain stakeholders throughout the province, which includes sales (in person, phone and email) and marketing activities.
• Focus on cultivating new relationships and relevant partnerships that will directly benefit and grow the organizations business.
• Ensure service to stakeholders is preserved and promoted.
• Respond to inquiries from prospective and current stakeholders.
• Sell, promote, negotiate, and implement the organization’s menu of stakeholder services to meet the existing and emerging needs of the construction and other related industries.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
• Sales experience in customer-focused environments.
• Benefit plan experience would be an asset.
• Exceptional people skills and high level of proficiency in written and oral communication, including listening and speaking 1:1 or with small and large audiences.
• Well developed presentation skills.
• Strong customer service orientation and satisfaction in providing assistance.
• A self-motivated and self-directed entrepreneurial spirit.
• Experience in the use of computer-based client records management systems for stakeholder tracking.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and use of the internet.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
Relationship Building—Develops and maintains effective, open and consultative relationships with clients and stakeholders. Demonstrates credibility and poise in relating to a diverse group of stakeholders.
Business Maturity—Has an honest, open and consistent approach to working with others in the organization; a team player and people-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills; confident and secure.
Political Astuteness and Acumen—Demonstrates sensitivity to understanding of complex people and organization interactions. Shows a mature and commonsense approach dealing with organizational dynamics.
Team Player—Possesses a strong ability to work within a team. Establishes and maintains effective, positive relationships both internally and externally and thrives on pressure.
Communication—Has an open and honest communication style; consults others appropriately; able to relate at all levels—management, staff and key stakeholders; articulate; active and responsive listener; strong verbal, written and presentation skills; instills confidence and enthusiasm in others.
Highly Organized—Has the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment; very organized and goal oriented with strong implementation skills.
Independent—Able to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated and self-directed.
Resourceful—Sources out possibilities; develops new ideas and moves them forward. Embraces the team culture and involves other stakeholders of the team as necessary. Utilizes all resources available to get the job done; creative and takes advantage of opportunities, while recognizing the necessity of working within limited resources.
Achievement Orientation—Continuously seeks to stay current and be at the leading edge in their field; driven toward achieving results.
A competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, a bonus based on success, and excellent benefits will be provided. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
For information please contact:
Anurag Shourie or Sonny Kapoor
Leaders International Executive Search
Suite 501 Fox One
10226 – 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1B8