Account Administrator and Relationship Manager for Major Defined Benefit Pension and Health and Welfare Accounts
Immediate Supervisor: VP Institutional Trust Manager
Full Time Position / Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Full-time)
Submit Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Supervise the administration and serve as primary contact of assigned employee benefit accounts.
• Serve as a member of experienced, 5-member Administration and Relationship Management team that services all accounts--coordinate activities with them and back them up. Accounts range up to $3 Billion.
• Work with this group, executing your role in daily trading and money movement tasks on behalf of clients.
• Work closely with the Operations group to ensure timely and accurate processing.
• Work in tandem with bank professionals on shared accounts to maximize client satisfaction and service from the entire organization.
• Work in a professional manner with Plan Sponsors, Investment Consultants, Third Party Administrators, Investment Managers, Auditors, Legal Counsel and any other agents of the client.
• Review and understand plan documentation, and other necessary legal documents as Trustee or Custodian for Trust Department accounts.
• Serve as member of the trust officer group, the Trust Administration Review Group and the Fee and Acceptance Group
• Prepare analysis and special reporting as needed by clients and their service providers.
• Review and maintain administrative procedures.
• Review daily trial balance, including security, distribution and contribution transactions.
• Complete new account and closing account documentation, providing any needed direction to the assistant administrators.
• Review monthly account fees for accuracy and approval. Follow up for overdue fees.
• Meet with clients on periodic basis.
• Attend client trustee meetings as assigned or invited.
• Assist in the completion of RFP proposals and participate in the business development process, using Saleforce.com to track these activities.
• Attend periodic training meetings, including local business group meetings (such as ISCEBS, Minneapolis Pension Council, or Midwest Pension).
• Assist in the training of Administrative Assistants.
• Assist in or assign research projects (both internal and client requested).
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Technical Skills:
• College Education preferred.
• Over five years experience in a bank trust department.
• Thorough understanding and facility on trust accounting software in the course of custody business.
• Over five years of employee benefit plan experience desired, including direct client communications and relationship management.
• Direct and extensive experience and understanding of Defined Benefit plans and the role of the custodian highly desired, other closely related experience will be considered.
• Ability to prioritize and organize job responsibilities and work independently.
• Strong customer service ethic and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Proficient in Windows office environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Professional behavior and appearance.
• Understanding of and experience with Taft-Hartley plans a plus.
• Strong demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience a plus.
• Benefits specialist and/or Account Manager experience preferred.
Environment and/or Physical Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Range: $75,000 – $95,000/ year (based on experience)
• Discretionary Bonus and Incentive Compensation
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Personal Holidays (12)
• Medical Insurance: Employer pays >80%
• Health Saving Account: Employer Funding
• Dental Insurance: Employer pays for employee-only level coverage
• Life Insurance: Employer pays benefit = one year’s salary
• Long Term Disability: 100% Employer-paid
• Short Term Disability: 100% Employer-paid
• Safe Harbor, Discretionary
• Profit Sharing, Discretionary
• Parking: Company-paid; specific nearby lots