NANCY SCHOLBERG, MBA, PHR, SHRM-CP (214) 642-1158
LinkedIn Profile email@example.com
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS DIRECTOR
Leverages business acumen and benefits expertise to provide leadership in strategic benefits planning and coordination of corporate employees and resources. Excels in identifying areas for improvement and implementing plans to achieve efficiencies and cost savings. Champions employee benefits while protecting corporate bottom-line, working to obtain competitive benefits for all levels of staff at the best possible rates. Leads on-boarding of new employees in large and small groups while ensuring department team members receive coaching and training vital to their job performance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
TEAM LEADERSHIP – ON-BOARDING – BENEFITS PROGRAMS – COST CONTROLS – BUDGETING – COMMUNICATIONS – CUSTOMER SERVICE
VENDOR MANAGEMENT – PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT/MANAGEMENT – EVENT PLANNING – EMPLOYEE RELATIONS – PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
ACA REPORTING – COMPLIANCE (ERISA, DOL, IRS, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA) – MS OFFICE – PEOPLESOFT – ADP-UITIPRO – BUSINESS SOLVER
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
• Developed and implemented a FMLA/Leave program and processing system for Pacific Union Financial in order to manage benefit arrears balances during employee leave of absences.
• Executed new benefits administration system (Business Solver) for Le Duff America to drive successful on-line annual enrollment process in 2014; substantially reduced communications and printing expenses by posting all annual enrollment communications and ACA required documents on-line.
• Created benefits arrears processes for Le Duff, resulting in the collection of $60K from employees on unpaid leave.
• Reviewed contracts and recommended a vendor change that resulted in an annualized savings of more than $100K as well as expanded benefits offerings for employees at Riverstone Residential.
PACIFIC UNION FINANCIAL – Irving, TX 2016-2017
A residential mortgage company located in 15 states with 1,700 employees.
Director of Benefits
• Oversaw all employee health and welfare benefits programs, including medical, dental, group life and voluntary life programs, vision, flexible and health care spending accounts, and 401(k) retirement savings programs.
• Managed company’s request for Reasonable Accommodation programs.
• Served as lead participant in successful implementation of HRIS UltiPro System in March, 2017.
• Reconciled all vendor bills and weekly file submissions, correcting file errors.
LE DUFF AMERICA, INC. – Dallas, TX 2013-2016
Company operates 400+ bakeries and cafes in 33 states with 16,000 team members.
Director of Benefits
• Established strategy and program/vendor management for benefit programs (health, welfare and retirement plans) to ensure that all programs were correctly administered and in compliance.
• Conducted feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis of proposed benefit plans as well as in-depth review of contracts and fee arrangements; negotiated contracts with brokers, including renewal premiums and admin fees, resulting in minimal cost increases to company in 2015 and 2016.
• Launched in-house benefits 800# and mailbox system in an effort to organize and resolve employee benefit issues in a more efficient manner, improving turn-around responses to employees within 24 hours of initial message.
PROFESSIONAL OVERVIEW CONTINUED…
ROMANO’S MACARONI GRILL – Dallas, TX 2009-2013
Company operates 210 restaurants in nine countries, employing 12,000 staff and generating $500M+ in annual revenue
• Oversaw cost management of all benefit health and welfare plans, including 401(k) plan.
• Analyzed benefits data, prioritized resources, and delivered on a vision in a highly competitive environment.
• Implemented new HRA medical plan, resulting in no premium increases to Team Members in 2013.
• Developed Annual Enrollment processes, including all materials, communications, and coordination with third party administrator and vendors.
• Managed billing/invoicing, reconciliation, benchmarking, and policy administration of all benefits.
RIVERSTONE RESIDENTIAL – Dallas TX 2008-2009
Residential management company that provides property/asset management services for leading institutions, pension funds, developers and other owners. Fourth largest company in residential management in three years of operations.
• Directed companywide benefits strategy, including execution and administration of all employee plans.
• Managed all outsourced vendor relationships to ensure administration accuracy, strong plan performance, regulatory compliance and cost containment.
• Administered benefits and applied standard operating procedures for all leave of absences, including short-term and long-term disability and FMLA in compliance with national and state regulations; developed processes and forms to streamline application process, resulting in a 20% improvement in manager effectiveness.
• Oversaw annual open enrollment, including plan design and vendor review; researched and analyzed recommended changes based on market conditions and company budget requirements and communicated options to all associates. In 2009, streamlined plans to ensure no year over year cost increase to the company.
• Directed due diligence in acquisitions and manage benefit plan integrations.
WR STARKEY / PARK CITIES MORTGAGE COMPANY - Dallas, TX 2002-2008
Company operates in seven states, providing residential mortgage lending solutions for home owners.
• Originated home purchase loans, re-finance transactions, jumbo loans, and cash-out loans and was consistently ranked as a top producer.
• Developed loan program for spouses transitioning through divorce.
TRAMMELL CROW COMPANY – Dallas, TX 1990-2002
One of the oldest and most prolific developers and investors of commercial real estate.
Director of Benefits
• Served as an integral team member of the firm’s mergers and acquisition group.
• Oversaw an eight-member team while overseeing on-boarding and new hire communications.
• Evaluated and optimized benefit offering for hundreds of employees.
• Directed and strategized benefit plan offerings with upper management/finance departments.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) – AMBERTON UNIVERSITY
BS, Communication Arts/Business Administration – JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY
Professional in Human Resources (PHR)///
Mail: 2658 Beechmont Drive