Self-Funding Health Benefit Plans provides you with a comprehensive look at self-funded plans and offers plan sponsors, administrators, attorneys and other professionals practical guidance concerning plan design and administration.
Learn more about the advantages of self-funding, including:
- Benefits design choices not available through off-the-shelf insurance products
- Greater funding flexibility
- No need to pay for insurance company overhead, profit and commissions
- Exemption from state mandates and insurance premium taxes
- The ability to capture the financial benefits of a plan's favorable claims experience
- A better investment return on the cash reserves than is available through an insurance company.
The book explores the pros and cons of self-funding, while bringing you up to speed on how self-funded plans are affected by the latest industry issues, cyberliability and security breaches. In-depth chapters cover a broad range of topics such as regulatory compliance and fiduciary responsibility, risk management and stop-loss coverage, accounting and audits, subrogation, cost containment, investment of cash reserves and more.
$75 ($60 Members). Item #7563.
Self-Funding Health Benefit Plans, more than two dozen benefits experts offer practical advice on: