Acceptance (Assumption) of Risk:
The Foundation is implementing the following measures at all programs to ensure a safe educational experience:
- Health and safety measures will be in place as issued and/or recommended by international, federal, provincial, state and local health authorities, including the conference venue, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Vaccinations: To help ensure the safety and comfort of our attendees, we are requiring all Canadian conference participants to attest they have been vaccinated.
- Mask Wearing: Mask wearing will be required if the local area or event facility requires it. If the local area or event facility does not have a mask requirement, attendees are welcome to wear a mask if they choose to do so.
- Physical Distancing: All session and breakout room seating will follow local distancing guidance at the time of the event. There will also be additional efforts to alleviate any potential congestion in high-traffic areas, and we will ask attendees to avoid congestion to the extent practicable.
- Session Attendance: When available, session attendance scanning will be used along with QR codes, facilitating contactless session attendance verification.
- Handouts: In order to minimize touchpoints, there will be minimal handouts available. Attendees are encouraged to download handouts via the website.
- Food and Beverage: Where possible, we will favour serviced buffets and food served prepackaged or in closed containers.
- Cleaning and Hygiene: High-touch areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitized. Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned at key locations throughout the event.
- Social Functions: When available, all gatherings will follow the current regulatory guidelines and event policies, including distancing, hygiene and mask wearing.
- COVID Protocol Communication: Health and safety guidelines will be communicated on the Foundation website, on the conference mobile app when available, in pre-event messaging and through on-site event signage.
- Please be aware that the safety protocols may change as the situation evolves.
Conference Participant Expectations:
- Adhere to all international, federal, provincial, state and local health authority guidelines while travelling to and at the program;
- Not participate if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 or variants;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices while travelling to and at the program;
- Act in the best interests of your well-being and that of your fellow conference participants; and
- Avoid crowded social gatherings, receptions, venues or other indoor activities that do not implement social distancing or other recommended hygiene practices.
I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID 19. I acknowledge that in connection with attending the IFEBP sponsored educational options, I have determined that in person attendance is of value to me and I therefore accept the risk of being exposed to COVID 19 in order to attend the educational program in person. I agree that I am personally responsible for complying with the announced measures to prevent the presence and spread of the disease and for my safety and actions while attending IFEBP educational programs.