COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The Foundation is implementing the following measures at all programs to ensure a safe educational experience:
- Health and safety measures will be in place as issued and/or recommended by federal, state and local health authorities, including the conference venue and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Vaccinations: The Foundation does not require vaccinations for its attendees, but we strongly recommend that attendees get vaccinated if they are able to. The Foundation respects that certain health issues and religious beliefs may prevent some attendees from being vaccinated.
- Mask Wearing: The mask policy will defer to any CDC or local guidance. Attendees of each program will be advised of any policies in place.
- Physical Distancing: All session and breakout room seating will follow local distancing guidance at the time of the event. There will also be additional efforts to alleviate any potential congestion in high traffic areas and we will ask attendees to avoid congestion to the extent practicable.
- Session Attendance: When available session attendance scanning will be used along with the use of QR codes, facilitating contactless session attendance verification.
- Handouts: In order to minimize touchpoints, there will be minimal handouts available. Attendees are encouraged to download handouts via the website.
- Food & Beverage: Where possible, we will favor serviced buffets, food served pre-packaged or in closed containers.
- Cleaning & Hygiene: High-touch areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitized. Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned at key locations throughout the event.
- Social Functions: When available, all gatherings will follow the current regulatory guidelines and event policies, such as distancing, hygiene and mask wearing.
- COVID Protocol Communication: Health and safety guidelines will be communicated on the Foundation website, on the conference mobile app when available, in pre-event messaging, and on-site event signage.
Please be aware that the safety protocols may change as the situation evolves.
Conference Participant Expectations:
- Adhere to all federal (CDC), state, and local health authority guidelines while traveling to and at the program;
- Not participate if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive for COVID‑19 or variants;
- Wear masks at all conference events when guidance is in effect;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices, traveling to and at the program;
- Act in the best interests of your own well-being, and that of your fellow conference participants; and
- Avoid crowded social gatherings, receptions, venues or other indoor activities that do not implement social distancing or other recommended hygiene practices.
Warning Related to COVID-19 Infection
- The novel coronavirus, COVID‑19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID‑19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- The Foundation has taken and will continue to take reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease at its conferences but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend a Foundation‑sponsored conference, you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID‑19 and its potential health risks.
Acceptance (Assumption) of Risk
I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that in connection with attending a Foundation-sponsored in-person program, I have determined that attendance is of value to me and I therefore accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend in person. I agree that I am personally responsible for complying with the announced measures to prevent the presence and spread of the disease and for my safety and actions while attending the program.