The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans provides continuing education opportunity for licensing requirements (attorneys, CPAs, insurance and others).

Can I earn continuing education credit by attending educational programs sponsored by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans?
Any individual can receive a verification of attendance for continuing education credit for license renewal or for personal records. However, because licensing credit is subject to state regulations, this service should be requested before you attend.

How can I request this service?
List your profession(s) and, if applicable, the state(s) of licensing in the continuing education request portion of the registration form.

How is my continuing education credit verified?
A set of personalized continuing education forms will be included in the registration packet you receive on-site. The completed forms verify attendance at specific sessions. NOTE: If you requested continuing education at the time you registered but did not receive continuing education forms in your packet, PLEASE SEE an International Foundation representative on site .

One (1) form must be completed for each session. The session number, date, time and title (abbreviate) must be filled out manually and each form must be signed.

Session Number

  • Manually fill in #1 for the first session you attend and #2 for the second session, etc.

Annual Conference Only

  • Each session is assigned a number in the program book. Manually fill in the assigned number for each session you attend. (Example: #302 could be your first session, #412 your second.)

At the conclusion of each session, leave the form for that session with a meeting room attendant.

Why do I have to fill out so many forms?
Some states require sign-in, sign-out sheets; the completed continuing education forms signed individually meet these requirements.

Also, if an individual's continuing education report is audited by a licensing board, we can provide a record of that individual's attendance—including that the subject matter of sessions attended is in compliance with continuing education regulations.

How is my credit recorded and reported?
A Continuing Education Certificate is produced based on the continuing education forms deposited by each individual. Each certificate is personalized to provide information regarding credit in the state(s) of licensing, i.e., sponsor ID numbers, assigned course numbers and the total hours of accepted credit.

Is it necessary that I have this Continuing Education Certificate?
We also will keep a copy of the certificate with the continuing education forms you submitted, because state boards require that attendance records be maintained for five years by the sponsor. The certificate and attendance forms meet these requirements.

Is there a charge for this service?
An administrative fee is charged for processing the continuing education forms and producing the Continuing Education Certificate. Currently, the registration form notes that the amount of this fee is $25.

Why do you charge an additional fee for this service?
The International Foundation designs courses for members of a diverse audience involved in employee benefits, most of whom do not have CE requirements. However, some are attorneys, some hold insurance licenses, some are CPAs--all driven by state-specific regulations--and others might hold professional designations for which recertification credit is needed.

A $25 administration fee is charged for producing a CE certificate, which lists sessions attended by title and totals the hours of attendance. This fee includes administrative procedures unique to the type of profession for which credit is earned and is not built into the registration fee charged to all attendees.

Personalized yellow CE attendance forms for documenting attendance at the individual sessions are issued to those who choose CE service and pay the $25 fee at the time they register. Follow the instructions printed on the yellow forms so that your credit hours are documented appropriately.

Can I earn continuing education units for attendance at programs?
CEUs are issued by some educational institutions and professional associations as a uniform unit of measurement for participation in noncredit continuing education. We do not issue CEUs; instead, continuing education participation is verified in 60-minute hours.

How do I know if the program I attend will earn continuing education credit for my license renewal?
This site contains information regarding credit for CPAs, attorneys, insurance producers, actuaries and other professionals. Any questions you might have after reviewing this information should be directed to continuinged@ifebp.org or call (262) 786-6710 option 2 educational programs continuing education credit. The personnel working on site at our seminars may not have specific information about each program and each state.

Will I receive a personal continuing education record?
Any individual who requested continuing education service at the time of registration and used continuing education forms will receive a verification of attendance for personal continuing education documentation and will be charged a fee for this service.

How do I receive continuing education verification?

  • Request continuing education service on the registration form.
  • Fill out, sign and deposit a continuing education form at the conclusion of each session.
  • To request confirmation of credit to be earned, call (262) 786-6710 option 2 educational programs continuing education credit or email continuinged@ifebp.org.

What if I failed to request continuing education credit at the time of registration?
If you failed to request this service at the time of registration, blank continuing education forms are available on site at the registration desk. Personalized forms are given only to those who request credit in advance.