Gain access to 24/7 benefits information and compliance tools.
January 20-22, 2020
Clearwater Beach, Florida
January 20-22, 2020
Rancho Mirage, California
Your future, powered by CEBS.
Ask a benefits expert, access instant resources or ask an industry peer.
Canada’s increasingly diverse and older workforce composition, the growth in precarious work and rapid technological changes are posing unique challenges for administrators and trustees of pensions and benefits plans.
The Canadian Legal and Legislative Update covers recently enacted and proposed legislation as well as regulations pertaining to pensions and benefits. This two-day conference is an opportunity to learn from and interact with industry experts and to develop your understanding of the most critical issues in Canada. Get the latest information you need to make informed decisions while learning how legislative changes affect your funds.
Review the 2019 brochure to learn what to expect at this program.
Register by April 15, 2020 to Save C$300!
2020 sessions will be announced soon. Sessions from 2019 include:
• Pension Update—Recent Developments and Expected Changes
• What’s Changing in Benefits—Legislative Update
• Legislative Update Panel
• When Is It Permissible to Discriminate?
• Discrimination in Benefit Plans— What Should Trustees Do?
• Panel—Benefits Discrimination
• Keynote: Can You Trust Your Cyber Parachute?
• Prescription Drugs: Implications from USMCA and Beyond
• Privacy, Data and Cybersecurity: Evolving Considerations for Group Plan Management
• Claims Fraud—New World Trends and Solutions
• Cybersecurity and Fraud Panel
• Member Communications—Legal Obligations and Risks
• Communications—Manage Risk While Empowering Plan Members
• Finding Solutions in the Haze
Session Details and Handouts
I have always felt that this program helps me to meet my compliance and regulatory obligations. And the program introduced me to the "new" best practices.
Laurie Caforio Senior Manager Pensions and Benefits ATB Financial
This program is especially designed for labour and management trustees, public service trustees, professional advisors and corporate plan sponsors.
Speakers will be announced soon.
Hon. A. Anne McLellan, P.C, O.C, A.O.E. Senior AdvisorBennett Jones LLPEdmonton, Alberta
Chief ActuaryMorneau ShepellToronto, Ontario
René Beaudry, FICA, FSAAssociéNormandin BeaudryMontréal, Québec
Associate ProfessorSprott School of BusinessCarleton UniversityOttawa, Ontario
Shane E. Doucet, M.A.PrincipalWilliam & Jensen, PLLCWashington, D.C.
Programs sponsored by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans are consistently accepted for credit by agencies governing continuing education for license renewal and professional recertification.
For additional information, visit our continuing education (CE) web page or contact us by phone at (262) 786-6710, option 2.
Educational sessions at this program can qualify for CEBS Compliance credit. Visit www.cebs.org/compliance for additional information.
Register early and save!