By registering and attending International Foundation of Employee Benefit conferences, you consent to the following policies:
- Payment of registration fee (and hotel deposit if applicable) is due in full upon registration. Registration will not be processed until payment is received.
- Payment will be accepted in U.S. funds by check, money order or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express).
- All cancellations and transfer requests must be in writing.
- Cancel and transfer fees are based on registration fee paid: 60+ days before meeting is 10%; 31-59 days before meeting is 25%; within 30 days of meeting is 50%. Hotel deposit is forfeited for cancellations/ transfers received within 3 days (5 days for Disney properties) of arrival. Registration fee is forfeited once program commences. For details and the 2019 policy, see www.ifebp.org/policies.
- For more information regarding administrative policies (such as complaint and refund), please contact our offices at (262) 786-6710, option 2.
Warning Related to COVID-19 Infection
- The novel coronavirus, COVID‑19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID‑19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- IFEBP has taken and will continue to take reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease at its conferences but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend an IFEBP‑sponsored conference, you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID‑19 and its potential health risks.
Acceptance (Assumption) of Risk
- I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID‑19. I acknowledge that in connection with attending the IFEBP‑sponsored 2021 Annual Conference, I have been offered a virtual option for participating in the Conference but determined that in‑person attendance is of value to me and I therefore accept the risk of being exposed to COVID‑19 in order to attend the 2021 Annual Conference in person. I agree that I am personally responsible for complying with the announced measures to prevent the presence and spread of the disease and for my safety and actions while attending the 2021 Annual Conference.
Fire law regulations STRICTLY PROHIBIT STANDING IN ANY AISLES OR MEETING ROOM EXIT AREAS and REQUIRE all persons to be seated on chairs provided while attending sessions. The capacity of the meeting rooms will be limited to the occupant load approved by the fire marshal from the local area Fire Department and posted inside the meeting room space.
The International Foundation Board of Directors has developed the following rules of conduct for the guidance of members relating to the entertainment of persons attending International Foundation meetings, including the Annual Conference, institutes and regional seminars.
- On regularly scheduled educational conference days, entertainment of persons attending International Foundation educational functions shall be limited to the functions orgatherings commencing after 6:00 p.m. or at the conclusion of the educational sessions. REMINDER: One of the educational opportunities of attending this educational conference is the networking among conference registrants that occurs outside the classroom setting; in many cases, the networking occurs at social events such as receptions hosted by organizations serving the employee benefits community. This networking may involve the exchange of experiences among registrants regarding processes, procedures or arrangements discussed during the conference, including commentary on best practices based on the experiences of those registrants. The Foundation appreciates that such organizations provide the settings for this networking opportunity and encourages the settings for those social events be used to facilitate the exchange of those ideas.
- Trustee meetings may be conducted in conjunction with International Foundation programs provided such meetings do not conflict with the schedule of educational programs.
- Members and/or nonmembers who violate the above rules of conduct shall be refused membership in the International Foundation and shall be barred from participation in International Foundation activities for a period of time to be determined by the Board of Directors.
- The International Foundation logo, or mark, is a registered trademark of the International Foundation, and any use of it is prohibited without a prior written license from the International Foundation for such use. An example of prohibited use of the International Foundation logo, or mark, would be the inclusion of it on invitations to social events that may occur in conjunction with an International Foundation educational conference. In addition, neither registration for the educational conference nor registration to exhibit at an educational conference entitles the registrant to use the International Foundation logo.
View all policy statements.