Free to Members and Nonmembers!
Recorded Event - May 18, 2021
3:00-4:00 p.m. ET
Did you know…?
- As of November 2020, there were 427 vaccines and therapies undergoing evaluation for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19.
- According to Health Canada, there are no expected clinically meaningful differences in efficacy and safety between a biosimilar and the approved biologic drug.
- According to the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB), 83% of new drugs approved by Health Canada offer little or no improvement over existing drugs to treat the same condition.
- The PMPRB reports high-cost therapies as a key driver of Canadian drug costs, and they are dominating the drug development pipeline.
Join our webcast to learn more about the statistics above. This webcast is CE accredited and includes the following agenda:
- A look at the impact of COVID-19 on Canada Life drug plans and discussion of new vaccines and drugs in development for the treatment of COVID-19
- A review of biologic and biosimilar drugs in Canada and how they are managed in public and private drug plans
- How to ensure drugs offer value for money through the use of cost-effectiveness analysis
- How to use clinical evidence and health technology assessment techniques to make good decisions, design formularies and support private drug plan sustainability