Free to International Foundation and ISCEBS Members
RECORDED – February 20, 2018
3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
Join this webcast for a discussion about the legal frameworks for corporate insolvencies in Canada, and the CCAA in particular, as it relates to pensions and post-employment benefits. Simon Archer and Stephanie Ben-Ishai will discuss:
- The typical types of claims employees and retirees may have in an insolvency proceeding and how they pursue them.
- The wage earner protection program, what it covers and how it works.
- Treatment of pension plans in an insolvency proceeding.
- Key cases recent and current such as Sears, Glenn Lake (Wabush Mines), U.S. Steel and Carillion, among others.
- Perspectives on issues such as pension protection in insolvencies, restructuring versus liquidation and policy reform.
- Broad comparisons to other insolvency systems.