Free to International Foundation and ISCEBS Members
May 1, 2018
3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
With the April 4, 2018 release by the Ontario Ministry of Finance of their proposed funding framework for target benefit multi-employer pension plans, the number of jurisdictions in Canada with target benefit pension plans (TBP) frameworks continues to grow. This webcast will discuss the TBP frameworks across Canada, specifically focusing on Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec and Saskatchewan. The discussion will summarize and compare the following details of the TBP frameworks from each of the jurisdictions:
- What are the criteria that must be met for a pension plan to qualify as a TBP?
- How do eligible existing plans convert to a TBP?
- What level of funding requirements apply to TBPs and how are they determined?
- What impact do the TBP funding requirements have on benefit improvements?
- On what basis are commuted values payable from TBPs calculated?