Free to International Foundation and ISCEBS Members
Recorded Event - June 25, 2019
3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
Surveys show that people are ready and willing to use telemedicine for appropriate types of medical care. And while solutions are further along in the U.S., demand and solutions are growing in Canada, too. Our co-presenters each have over 25 years’ experience delivering health care benefits in both countries: Tim spent two years in the U.S. and the rest in Canada; Reid spent two years in Canada and the rest in the U.S. Join us for a unique discussion to discover the similarities and differences between the two countries’ models, where telemedicine and virtual visits play a role today, as well as what advancements we’ll see over the next decade.
Key takeaways include:
- The gaps in coverage that drive the demand for telemedicine and virtual care
- What the best current telemedicine programs offer and how much they’re being used
- An increased understanding for Americans of the Canadian health care system and where virtual care fits
- Practical lessons for Canadians from the U.S. telehealth experience
- What the future holds for advanced virtual care in our countries and around the world.